AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone Tip or Roll Your Mower Conditioner???
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Granary
Posted 6/11/2019 20:35 (#7553976)
Subject: Anyone Tip or Roll Your Mower Conditioner???

Central Western VA Mountains
Had an interesting experience tonight mowing with the trusty Krone 2801cv and the mighty MF 1105. Long story short, it tipped up onto one wheel. I was in an odd spot, mowing out a road and instead of banks on each side of the road going down and away from the road bed, picture a roadbed cut down in the dirt with the sides sloping up and out away from the road. Not very steep, but to make a 180 degree turn, you have to traverse this terrain. When I did, the geometry was such and the mower was in the up position (highest center of gravity), coupled with a probably 60 degree turn on the swivel gear head and moving down the slope; the mower (drive train side) tipped up. Pivot bottomed out on the two point arm, but I saw it happening and stopped everything. Got out of the cab for a look-see, lowered the cutter bar - which on a Krone brings the wheels up and the whole mower frame down and also lowered the 3 pt hitch. That and a little forward motion and the mower gently set down on the ground - both wheels as though nothing had happened. Picked up a little dirt on the cutter bar at the end from the tilt, but I was in sandy loamy soil, nothing to really grab the cutter bar and with it no damage, no harm to the mower at all. The whole experience kind of gave me another thing to look-out for when mowing next time out. I think had the mower been down in the cutting position, this would have never happened.

Question is - anyone ever tip their disc mower conditioner on one wheel or worse - roll it over? If so - how did it happen?

Thanks!
Bill

ps - posting the same on HT to glean more replies/experiences.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)