AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I need a. NAT cure for ants in the kitchen??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

dairymanswife
Posted 6/12/2019 08:10 (#7554678 - in reply to #7553718)
Subject: RE: I need a. NAT cure for ants in the kitchen??

I have never had ants except for a few here and there as we have a pest guy come every other month. Well this year, I went out in the kitchen and I saw some of those tiny ants on my counter. Started to squish them and looked up on the wall and there had to be at least a 100 of them. Sprayed them and cleaned up, then called my pest guy. He came while I was gone and took stuff out of my cupboards in the area and did his thing. He told me that I might see a few for a couple days. Well, I did, and would keep squishing them. The couple days turned into a week and sometimes there would only be a couple, then other days a couple dozen. I was just about going to call him again, but decided to try this recipe that I saw on facebook. So far so good. It says not to kill the ants you see after using it and I did see some for two days, nothings since. Here is the recipe. I just used warm water from the tap, didn't cook it as it says only till warm, and instead of putting it in shallow pans, I just put some saran wrap on the counter. I only used a half of this recipe and it was plenty.

Warm 1 cup of water slightly in a saucepan; mix in one-half cup of sugar and 3 tablespoons of borax.
Soak the mixture into the cotton balls or paper towels.
Place these in shallow dishes near where you've seen the ants.
Do NOT kill the ants you do see.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)