AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

the bull is here for corn and srww
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Conan the Farmer
Posted 6/11/2019 20:41 (#7553993 - in reply to #7553872)
Subject: RE: the bull is here

South Central Iowa
People enjoy bull markets more than bear, that is part of your reason. The other is they actually take more time than they might look like. There are many things to sort out to end up with a few clean lines and ideas. People don’t want to expend that effort and share it when there are instacritics ready to jump all over you.

I still make charts. This morning, before I went to spray, I looked at my points in SX for support and resistance and memorized them so I could see how reaction was going and if there would be a place I’d like to buy or take profit. I also think more clearly in words than pictures. I’ve wrote out my supports and targets on here from time to time. I know Palmtopper will write out his as well.

I know Blu largely quit posting his because to people here, technical analysis or charts means Forks. There are a lot of styles, schools, whatever, and I have seen many have interaction.

Part of what makes me somewhat disillusioned with it though, is when price reaches a line, there is no way of knowing what it will do. I can make lines that the price moves to and then interacts with, with pretty good regularity, a passing grade at least. At that point though, I have no idea if it rejects or continues. I have not seen anyone that does. I try to combine fundamentals or seasonal mechanics to help me guess which way it breaks, but that is convoluted and murky.

Bonpas probably has the best strategy of anyone on here, which is just scalp. He doesn’t chart at all, but has a good natural sense for it. One thing that helps me is a good sense of danger, but I seem to lack the opposite skill of being able to sense the best opportunities. It may be I cloud myself with too many inputs or preconceived biases. I make money doing it, which is better than a majority, but have much better to become.

Anyway, my rambling thoughts on charts and trading. Maybe I’ll post some after the spray season slows here shortly.

Edited by Conan the Farmer 6/11/2019 20:42
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)