AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

More PP Questions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

So-IL_69
Posted 6/11/2019 16:54 (#7553621)
Subject: More PP Questions

I've turned in PP corn acres. And recently met with the adjuster and showed him the fields. I trust what he tells me and he seems to know his stuff. He said he basically makes a recommendation, adds some supporting facts (weather charts), and some pictures to a report. But then it goes to someone above him for final approval, and this higher up has the ability to deny the claim based on weather charts and if "PP was common to the area." I'm a little nervous now because what if I am denied? That would be terrible form me financially. and financial thinking is what lead me to the decision to PP in the first place. The fact is I checked these fields every day that they were even close to being ready throughout April and May, I got my truck stuck more than once. These field never could have been planted before the corn date. However, it's been dry ever since that date and now the neighbors are putting in beans like crazy. I understand I could do the same, but I made the business decision to PP corn. I also don't think many in my area would ever consider PP out of pride or maybe they just don't have enough corn acres. But for me it was a no-brainer, but now I'm left wondering if very few if any others in my area take PP, what are the odds of me being denied if that is true? This is unnerving. I think by the time I'd find out I was denied, it'd be too late for an alternative crop (late planted beans).
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)