AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

how thich should the concrete be
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

paul the original
Posted 6/11/2019 14:41 (#7553476 - in reply to #7553380)
Subject: RE: how thich should the concrete be

southern MN
I’m a simple dirt farmer and not even very good at that, I know nothing about engineering.

A few things on this deal seem sketchy to me, which others seem to also be pointing out?

Concrete cracks it just is the nature of the beast. Rerod or sometimes mesh or in small jobs fiber in the mix can help control when this does happen. I would think some sort of stabilizing deal, such as rebar, would be needed for this project to last more than 7 years? Dad built 2 bridges over the ditch, and i mentally kick him (lovingly) when I visit his grave for not putting any rebar in the older one...... he saved $200 I suppose back then, I’m really inconvenienced now....

Stacking blocks on a smooth surface and putting a bow roof over the top has a lot of sideways stress, perhaps this is being accounted for somehow, but without explaining that it seems there would be a really good chance of 3 high blocks wanting to push outward and move/ lean/ topple in the long term.

Again, maybe all this is accounted for just left out of the short version, and more importly I’m just a simple dirt farmer so my opinion on a construction project isn’t worth the electrons you are seeing it displayed on.

Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)