AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Lottery ticket buyers ....gggggrrrrrrr
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

davpal
Posted 6/11/2019 11:34 (#7553219 - in reply to #7553198)
Subject: RE: Lottery ticket buyers ....gggggrrrrrrr

Mid Michigan
Tommy it's a big thing with women. It's a desperate attempt to fix a life that they feel they're trapped in. They have dreams and dillusions that they can fix everything that's wrong if they could just "hit it big". I see a lot of women at work who buy them every day. If they only put $10 a day in retirement for 30 years they would be wealthy beyond their wildest dreams but I don't think most people can even fathom being committed to saving for 30 years or holding a job that long. It's a desperate attempt at freedom. And I have also realized that 99% of them would not stick around in their current relationship if they won the lottery. It would be a ticket to get the #@$ away from a man that I can't stand but I'm only around him because she currently can't make it on her own. In other words most of the women that win those aren't going to share it with their boyfriend or husband. They dream every day to take the money and run. I told a girl I work with a couple years ago If I won the powerball I was going to come in the building the next day and carry her out of there like An Officer And A Gentleman and not turn back! I think she would be just fine with it after mulling it over for 2 seconds! I actually buy a few tickets a year for myself and give quite a few of them away to friends for birthday and christmas gifts. Nobody has gotten rich yet.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)