AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Portable cpap battery for camping?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Old Pokey
Posted 6/11/2019 13:53 (#7553413 - in reply to #7552988)
Subject: RE: Portable cpap battery for camping?

tedbear - 6/11/2019 06:37 I have done such but mine was the clunky route. I literally carried a small 12 Volt battery and a 110V inverter. This was really the long way around since the CPAP ran on DC anyway so my inverter converted the DC to AC and the CPAP plug converted it back to DC. I haven't looked in to it but it would seem that many should be able run off of DC directly with some type of plug. Maybe run a cord off the vehicle battery but then again that might raise the risk of drawing it down leaving one stranded. The jump battery packs are another thought. Now if the camping involves hiking in without a vehicle then weight would be a major consideration.

Thank you for the reply. I dont think I heard anyone mentioning hiking, but they did say several times, tent camping at a camp ground. So I think their vehicles will be close by.

I think the portable cpaps are in the 12 to 14 volt dc range from what I can find. So if one can go directly dc instead of all of the conversions to and from ac and dc, it should draw a lot less on a power supply battery. Harbor freight sells a "Viking" brand jumper pack, which I have a couple of and use them to power a small remote cable hoist winch. I guess I just need to find out the amp hours of them and see if they would work.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)