AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Corn replant research accurate for this years circumstances?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

bleedred
Posted 6/10/2019 22:41 (#7552534)
Subject: Corn replant research accurate for this years circumstances?

East Central Ia
In my area a lot of corn was planted May 15-16th and those were the WRONG days to plant. A lot of those fields have large patches with zero to 10-15k stands.

Looking through most research data for making replant decisions, they would say you have similar yield potential with leaving a May 15th planted 15k stand compared to a June 10th replant.

My question is in a normal year that May planted corn would be knee high by now. How accurate is that research comparing May 15th planted poor stand V3 corn with June 10th planted 30k+ stand corn?

I have one field of very tight timber clay soil that needs replanted.

I have seen several fields this year were the only corn standing is about a 10’ wide swath directly over tile lines... the older generation guys keep saying they have never seen anything like it. We had over 12” of rain from May 16th through the end of the month on already saturated soils.

On a side note those charts suggest around 65-68% of yield for June 10th planted corn. If that’s true we have a TON of 250bu ground that’s going to yield 175 at best here!

Edited by bleedred 6/10/2019 22:44
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)