AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New one , anyone heard of this
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Kochia
Posted 6/11/2019 01:53 (#7552648 - in reply to #7552158)
Subject: RE: New one , anyone heard of this

MT-ND
From one oil state to another: NO.

McKenzie county has it's USPS leased out(full control I may add) to some terrible outfit out of Billings, and last I heard, we were rated and told we have the worst mail service in the US, including Alaska and Hawaii. We even say the roads are better than the mail service, Many things, bills, letters, money, cards, packages containing parts from certain agriculture companies that are too cheap to use something else, lost. They say "we're not usps, it's not our problem" and USPS says "they're not usps, it's their problem". I've had bills I've paid 6 times get lost then all the sudden get delivered, same with my mail, Christmas cards still coming in, postmarked way back to November of 2017!(actually am getting a few, I'm up to 6 now) Have a package they don't feel like delivering? Two days notice that takes two days to get to you, before they sent it back, whether it is a box or a certified mail or a simple letter. Then you have to go to town to the post office that supposedly has it, but is only open for two hours and stand in line for 3, just for them to shut down at exactly two hours, sucks to be you. Then on the rare occasion of your route getting a good carrier, they are fired, transferred, or quit. We've been fighting for the last 10 years now to keep Rual Free delivery, or any rual delivery, well even our post offices, they want to consolidate to just one in Watford. All we can do is tell USPS to put pressure on them.

All the mail gets lost in Watford. It all goes there, then to the other offices, for "efficiency"(but the one who drives my route has to go to Williston and get the mail, and bring the mail up there and sort it in between, because the company says so). When the oil came, USPS gave up. The other three didn't, but that could be different for others, I live close to a gas plant/other oil mess, so there's three to four ups, FedEx, or speedy trucks a day going by, and I'm told I'm lucky.l, if I was further out, they would wait to get a bunch before they deliver.

Meanwhile in Cass county: mail every day, to my box at the section line at the end of my driveway, like the rest of my neighbors. You can literally set your watch to the carrier, 1157 am, USPS goes by and delivers, unless the weather is bad or it's Christmas or something. The other three sometimes won't come out unless they have a full truckload (it is getting better, with the discovery of Amazon and eBay)

Privatize, privatize! Well if this is the way it's going, I hope it happens after I'm gone.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)