AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How do you folks protect your water fountains from damage in the bull pens
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Alberta Cowman
Posted 6/13/2019 14:29 (#7557091 - in reply to #7552914)
Subject: RE: How do you folks protect your water fountains from damage in the bull pens

I follow where you're going about the summer water situation. For this same group I'll have three of these open top tires arranged in a triangle with the waterline and valves fenced off in the centre. Most of the pastures are on a long pipeline and only flow 7-8 gpm so I need a bunch of reserve. A hot summer day here is only in the high 80s to mid 90s. I'd start to render above that temp. That being said we had a little bit of snow just last week.

In the winter they just spread themselves out or lick snow if they don't like waiting.

Not sure what part of MO you're in but the Mrs and I went to Nashville for a couple days this winter. Rented a car and took a short scenic road trip through Memphis, Jonesboro, Poplar Bluff, Louisville, Bowling Green and back to Nashville.

Rather enjoyed seeing that part of the world and everyone was very friendly. Certainly not as many cattle as I was expecting. Tried looking for a planter but the salesmen just looked at me funny when I mentioned I was looking for a 15", 20" or 22" unit. We were there in February and it seemed pretty wet. Is it normally that wet?

I bet the tire tanks would be warm in the summer there.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)