AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

section shut offs not working
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 6/11/2019 06:33 (#7552779 - in reply to #7551168)
Subject: RE: section shut offs not working

Southern Minnesota Between Freeborn & Wells
bking251 - 6/10/2019 08:25

Section control will not work or if you are outside your field boundaries. I have some areas where I plant through multiple fields & to make section control work I have to delete the field boundary. I have asked Ag Leader to add a section in configuration where you could tell it to ignore field boundaries but so far nothing. When I get to these areas I just delete the boundaries & when I get through I reload them.

All my fields are basically rectangles so I don't have this type of problem. I do remember seeing an example at an Ag Leader class that might work for you with your multiple fields that are sprayed together. Again this might not help but the example showed how a larger area that I would consider as two fields with a waterway in between was setup as one field but with a boundary around each. In this example think of the area as a rectangle but with a waterway cutting off a section. When spraying was done, the waterway was such that the operator sprayed straight through but wanted the sprayer to shut off while over the waterway. As I recall the trick was to consider the entire area as one field but it had two separate outer boundaries. I think the system allows three.

Here's a rough drawing that might help someone. The dashed lines are supposed to represent the sprayer going from the bottom up towards the top and passing over the waterway where auto swath would shut off the sections as the waterway was encountered and then turn them back on as the sprayer entered the other section. I guess the operator could make a pass parallel to each side of the waterway prior to spraying the main part of the field. Then the jagged areas of overlap would be in the field itself rather than in the waterway. The sections would first be shut off because the area had been sprayed and then stay off while outside the outer boundary when passing over the unsprayed area of the waterway, stay off until the section got past the next outer boundary and then past the other sprayed pass. This would depend on how you want the waterway handled.

Edited by tedbear 6/11/2019 08:24

(Waterway (full).JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Waterway (full).JPG (58KB - 12 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)