AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Again, BTI ness city gets a gold star
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

dieselfume1
Posted 6/8/2019 20:31 (#7548547)
Subject: Again, BTI ness city gets a gold star

SE MT
So the 7510 I brought home about a month ago from Ness City Kansas is pretty high houred. I bought it sight unseen knowing there would be some issues to fix. Tractor made it here, the issues we knew about were not an issue, but we found out shortly thereafter that the front trunnion bushings were wore completely through. If that wasn't enough, the front assist clutch was not working properly and I could not get the mfwd to disengage. Now to be fair about all of this, BTI was so busy in their shop with getting planting season stuff going, they did not have time to properly go through this tractor before they sold it, and I bought it as is with the known issues that it had.

So after finding out about the front trunnion and front assist clutch, I gave a call to Justin Ziegler at bti Ness City Kansas , talked with him about the issues and they offered to pay for the parts to fix the issue if I did the labor and the any machine work.
The mfwd housing itself was over $1,100 alone, and the grand Parts total was somewhere around $1,700. The housing was one of two in the nation, and harder to get, but they had all the parts shipped to me inside of two weeks.

Just today I finished rebuilding the mfwd clutch and got it all together. Along with the front axle that needed to have a sleeve put in it. I am so happy to have gotten lucky enough to do business with a dealer that stands behind what they sell even if it's in 20 year old 10000 hour tractor. Especially when the customer is two states away and probably won't be walking in for more repeat business because of the distance involved. They stood behind what they sold and their word, and that makes them a great dealer and I greatly appreciate their integrity and honesty. After I pulled the tractor out of the shop fix the few problems at had, I think this will serve us for a very good while, and I'm confident in what the tractor is.

While there are good dealers that carry all different colors, this is one instance where John Deere has an edge with their dealership Network in this nation.

So again, BTI Ness City is a great bunch, and I'm so happy to have been lucky enough to done business with them on a used tractor.

(20190608_193020 (full).jpg)

(20190608_193125 (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 20190608_193020 (full).jpg (85KB - 11 downloads)
Attachments 20190608_193125 (full).jpg (106KB - 10 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)