AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Agleader RTK guidance line jumps by 4 feet...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 6/9/2019 05:03 (#7548973 - in reply to #7547627)
Subject: RE: Agleader RTK guidance line jumps by 4 feet...

tedbear - 6/8/2019 08:22

Don't want to jink my luck but TerraStar C worked extremely well for me for our extended planting season. I have been spraying with WAAS on a different tractor and considered swapping the 6500's since the planting tractor has a TerraStar subscription and the sprayer tractor doesn't. WAAS seemed fine yesterday as I only use it for steering me onto the correct set of rows and then I steer manually. This is very acceptable and I don't know if I'll bother to swap them although it would be easy enough for someone who can still climb. Might as well make more use of the subscription.

Terrastar C jumped on me for the first time two days ago.

Started tractor and got down to 2.3" on convergence and went to plant and was leaving a 10' skip versus day before.

Suspended event and restarted event. Same thing.

Shut display down. Restarted and re-comverged. Worked fine this time. What would have happened if it loaded wrong the day before instead of that day? What if I had planted the first part of the field with incorrect guidance and my end rows were off. Section control would not have worked on that very odd shaped field and I would have had to have planted another endrow pass just eyeballing it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)