AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farm Manager Rant....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Cyclone88
Posted 6/7/2019 21:34 (#7547095)
Subject: Farm Manager Rant....

NE IA
I have to rant about a farm manager somewhere after what I heard today that really did not sit well with me. I understand they are out to do the best for their clients and I have no problem with that but this really gets me and some of it is because I was unable rent the farm. Tried to rent a farm over the winter and I thought things were goin real good. I work with a guy that use to be a farm manager so I could bounce some of my ideas off of him to see what a farm manager would think. I am 30 years old trying to grow my own operation for the last couple years and have seemed to be unsuccessful. I offered what I thought was fare rent and in the ballpark of what they were asking for but seeing the APH on the farm and who was renting it previously, i knew the farm had not had much fert applied to it so I knew it needed work. Was told at the end of the month long back and forth that they wanted a larger operation to farm it. O well you win some, you lose some. Well found out today that they person that they rented it to was from over 100 miles away (some may know him from The Bachelor) Well what gets me is he isnt even farming the ground. He hired someone to custom farm the ground that is from 40 miles away. I'm sure I will get people telling me to move on, and at this point I have just had to get it off my chest. I get sick of hearing 10k acre farmers talking how we need young guys to get started, but come from distances that are too far to drive a car in to farm a piece of ground. Thanks for listening, rant over.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)