AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

24d burndown and soybeans
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Seth_ia
Posted 6/7/2019 07:24 (#7545831)
Subject: 24d burndown and soybeans

I’m curious what everyone thinks of this scenario. One of my custom planting customers just told me about his soybean pre program. I planted beans last Sunday for him. He said the person that he hires to spray was going to put the pre down after I plant. I didn’t ask what he was using as it was none of my business I’m just hired to plant. The sprayer chased the planter out of the field.. In the last five days those beans have gotten about an inch of rain.

So now the interesting part. I was talking to the farmer I planted beans for this week and he mentioned that there was 24d in the mix that was sprayed after planting. This was not a mistake they intentionally used it and waited till after planting . I kept my mouth shut but I’m thinking this was a poor plan. I don’t personally use 24d as a burn down and very little is used in this area in general so my experience is limited.

Doesn’t 24d even at lower rates have a 7 day planting restriction? How much damage could these beans see? They are in high OM soils that are wet.

Mostly I’m trying to figure out if I’m going to get to plant these things twice, which I really don’t have time on the schedule for.

Edited by Seth_ia 6/7/2019 07:35
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)