AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fair Oaks dairy
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Big Ben
Posted 6/5/2019 16:04 (#7543068 - in reply to #7543059)
Subject: RE: Fair Oaks dairy

Columbia Basin, Ephrata, WA
beanplanter - 6/5/2019 13:54

Big Ben - 6/5/2019 14:34
Yeah well, dairy won’t exist here in the States if people that should know better only “state basic facts” that support the militant vegans’ agenda.

Do you really expect people to defend that video?

At the very best you may get some to say, "I think that guy with his hood up is a hired gun. That guy who kicked that calf in the head just looks like a terrible employee. Obviously the person filming is a plant." That "defense" is going to do absolutely nothing in defending that video as it makes its rounds through social media. On the other side, you can't expect a dairy man who was just put out of business not to point and laugh on his way to his new 8-5 job. You should fully expect an, "I told you so. ...and a middle finger out the window as he drives by". I'll guarantee you Mega Dairy XYZ didn't care that old Bob the milker swallowed a bullet while being forced out of the industry.

US citizens have no problem accepting the fact their shoes, phones, and various other trinkets are produced in unacceptable conditions by other humans. In fact, they stand in lines and get all excited about the opportunity of throwing their money at them. Who is to say they wouldn't accept "out of sight out of mind" if they could get their milk for half price?

I’m not saying that people should defend the video, they should defend the dairy. It wasn’t the dairy that was featured in the video, it was people who have already been fired by the dairy that clearly had some very questionable motives.

As for the ex dairyman that gives the middle finger as he drives by, that’s his problem. Many, many people have been involuntarily given the “opportunity” to seek other employment, and dairymen aren’t special enough to be exempt from that fact. They, and some current dairymen, need to get over themselves.

Everyone has struggles and it’s childish and selfish to expect the whole world to drop what they are doing to cry alligator tears for you. Sometimes you have to put on your big boy pants and do what needs to be done, and that doesn’t include attempting to ruin others out of jealousy.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)