AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Walmart
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Jon Hagen
Posted 6/10/2019 19:30 (#7552119 - in reply to #7545991)
Subject: RE: Walmart

Hagen Brothers farms,Goodrich ND
rancher2 - 6/7/2019 08:58

Usetobe dental asst - 6/5/2019 17:26

We are lucky in our small town to have a great hardware store that also sells appliances, a plumbing shop that sells a different brand of appliances, a smaller building center, a pharmacy, a grocery store, a car dealer, and two gas stations. I appreciate being able to make a quick trip to town for most things, so I shop local when I can. We bought a stove recently, and I did look at big box stores before purchasing, because our small town stores cannot display as many as Best Buy. When we purchased, our hardware store regular price was the same as Best Buy's sale price.

You are very lucky in my area the little towns have nothing maybe one bar and Walmart over the years have built a super store's in the county seat town's and put everyone else out of business. The downtown of these town look like ghost towns.

I think Walmart and other big box stores, do nothing but what a store is supposed to do, sell a good selection of product at a price the customer is willing to pay. The mom/ pop stores have at least as much China products, so no gain there. It seems to me that the closing of small mom & pop stores rests directly on the shoulders of the customer that drives right by the mom and pop store to get Walmart's as good or better selection for a lower price. Wall mart does nothing to force anyone to work there for low wages, If you have a better offer somewhere else, by all means take the better paying job, Wallmart can not / will not stop you. Walmart does not have an armed goon squad that drives mom/pop stores out of town, customers do that by buying somewhere else where they get what they want with better selection / cheaper price..
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)