AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Putting on a successful all class school reunion
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Avg. Joe
Posted 6/3/2019 22:36 (#7540051 - in reply to #7539955)
Subject: RE: Putting on a successful all class school reunion

Elmwood, Ne. Just East of Lincoln
When I had that job of putting on our alumni banquet I had the same dilemma. It was open to anyone that ever graduated from our school so the age varied from around 30 to 95. Mostly an older crowd. After a catered supper we started out with a quartet from the Lincoln Continentals. They did about a 20 to 30 minute show. It was a big hit. At the time our school was undergoing a big renovation and was unavailable for the banquet. My church allowed me to have it there. Since we were rebuilding I decided to go with a "history of the school" theme. There is a local older fella that has pictures going all the way back to the country schools that dotted the local country. He had years and locations of them. Put all of the pictures in a power point. Started with those and worked my way up to the new school built in the 60's. Then updated everyone on the new renovations and additions. I was surprised how much interest there was and the discussion that took place during the presentation about the country schools. There were a lot of older folks that attended these schools that were present and likewise the middle agers learned a little history and found it somewhat interesting (or so they said). To make this possible you need to find a town historian. That made it easy.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)