AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cattle market
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

bohunk
Posted 5/31/2019 23:51 (#7534854 - in reply to #7534488)
Subject: RE: Cattle market

I am very far from being an expert or a veteran but when the sentiment amongst people is really bearish it is a good sign of a bottom being in sight. The same thing can be said about tops. This applies to any market. Look at the comments made on this site or twitter at the end of March when cattle were printing highs- “Look out 135-140 fats!” Now the sky is falling and were going to 80 cents! look at grains when they made their lows earlier this month- the bitch-o-meter was turned up pretty high in market talk at that time. now I read of 5,6 and 7 dollar corn- we’re going to the moon! Sentiment on forums and social media is a pretty good indicator. There’s very few people I listen to on public forums. You’re best off educating yourself and forming your own opinion and taking other folks’ comments with a grain of salt. Nobody knows. As for myself ,I personally think we will get caught soon in the cattle market. I have been looking at the percent drop on the low vs the high on what I would deem a “normal” year and that would peg a contract low of 103-105 LEV, which was hit today. I wouldn’t be surprised to see more of a squeeze though. As I said, I don’t know any more than anybody else lol. Time will tell!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)