AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Outback ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

hwdcne
Posted 10/22/2006 23:50 (#54364 - in reply to #54326)
Subject: RE: Outback ?

Soutwest Ks.
I am running an e-drive with base line on a 7240 CaseIH. I've had the unit several months but don't have very much seat time yet in situations where I could determine accuracy. They are continuing to update software to improve accuracy. If you have rough terrain it may not work the best for you as they do not have terrain compensator yet, however they are working on one. Operation is smooth and reliable. On the Magnum the hydraulic steering box is mounted on the side of the tractor and they run hyd. hoses to the steering junction on the firewall. Nice installation when completed. If you can get to their web site, it will allow you to price everything. You will need S2 console, edrive package and baseline set up to be complete. Should have everything you need for approx. $10,500 with 3 yr. warrantly included if the prices are still stable. It does quite well on contours also together with straight line. In my own personal opinion, it is probably the best money for dollars invested at this time, but I sincerely doubt it will compare to the high end Trimble RTK or Deere RTK systems. It just really depends how much money you have to spend and what accuracy you are expecting. I intend to strip till and plant with mine.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)