AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Southest corn trial progress
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

scsprayer
Posted 5/30/2019 12:02 (#7531247)
Subject: Southest corn trial progress

South Carolina
Let me start off by saying this has been a terrible year for corn in SC. We went from considering PP because it was too wet, then planting the week of Easter, to only receiving 2 tenths of rain since on this crop since. Paired with 2 weeks of 95-100 degree days. Needless to say our corn is curling up at 9 in the morning.

But I thought I would share a picture from my own trial Im doing. After reading so much about dextrose on here, we did 10 gallons of water, ABI's sabrex liquid, and 4 lbs of dextrose in furrow. On my best land, I decided to leave the pump off on a round (24 rows) so I could do a check and see what this was bringing to the table. Here are pictures of the corn plants 4 rows from each other, in the same soil type, same tillage, etc, except for the one on the left has no sabrex or sugar, and the one on the right does. I have no preference which one looks better, but I have been very happy with what I've seen so far. I'll update at harvest time, if there's anything left by then, and let y'all know if there is any yield difference

(IMG_20190530_124955 (full).jpg)

(IMG_20190530_124944 (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_20190530_124955 (full).jpg (211KB - 70 downloads)
Attachments IMG_20190530_124944 (full).jpg (182KB - 65 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)