AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Crock pot breakfast
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Mark76
Posted 5/29/2019 20:49 (#7529934 - in reply to #7529182)
Subject: RE: Crock pot breakfast

West Central Ohio
Here's one the kids love.
The night before. Cook up 1 lb sausage. Then let it set to cool off. Mix up 3-6 eggs in a bowl. Add 2-4 tbl spoons melted butter, 1 tbl spoon cinnamon (around) and 1 teaspoon nutmeg (about) and mix. Then some milk if you desire. Once sausage is cool add this to the eggs. and mix. I let it set for a while so the cinnamon and nutmeg "dissolve" into the eggs and butter some. Then place in frig overnight to set.
Then in the am.
Set out the egg and sausage mix so it can warm up. Sometimes I stick it in the microwave for a little bit to just warm it up some. Lightly grease the inside of a crock pot. Take 1 package of cinnamon rolls and cut them into small pieces. Lay down in the crock pot. Then dump the egg and sausage mix on top. Then cut up another package of cinnamon rolls in small pieces and lay on top of the egg and sausage mix. It seems that if I dump in the egg mix to the crock pot "cold" the inside is more not done while the outside is crispy and dry. Thus why I warm it up some.

On our crock pot we cook it on low for about 2 hrs 15 min total. Then once the cinnamon roll pieces are very close to being about done dump the two packages of the icing on top.

Remember though Directions are nothing more than limitations on imagination.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)