AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Corn in dairy ration
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

clicker
Posted 5/29/2019 22:40 (#7530304 - in reply to #7529269)
Subject: RE: Corn in dairy ration

Southern IA
dairyZman - 5/29/2019 17:06

Here, if we buy grain at harvest, we agree on dry corn price an subtract drying/moisture/shrink equivalent..Hauling negotiated as well...Can't see what's wrong with win/win... with dairy providing a market and storage for high moisture corn...If corn is worth $5 for15% moisture delivered to elevator, there is plenty of margin to share being able to market at 28%.

Silage is a little tougher to price,depends on relationships,but can also be negotiated. Manure in return can ease cost.

I'm sure Illinois is far different from here and yet why couldn't it work there?

Because if a grain farmer in the I states think anyone is getting a good deal or benefiting from something they want it all for themselves, they are so full of give-me mentality they cant see the forest for the trees. Crop insurance, pp, mfp, arc/plc, they know nothing but give-me more free money. You'd think with all the pp this year there would be a lot of win/wins for a livestock guy to put a cover on those fields for the cash cropper and get a little benefit from the feed with a cheap token rent but I bet it is a lot more likely a no go as they will think it is worth some exorbitant rent. Be glad you still live where everyone still works together and helps each other out instead of trying to put everyone out out of business so they can have it all.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)