AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sub Compact tractor opinions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Whatadeal
Posted 5/26/2019 09:29 (#7521810 - in reply to #7521679)
Subject: RE: Sub Compact tractor opinions

central Iowa
tedbear - 5/26/2019 08:40

I bought a used Deere 4720 (FWD) with a Deere loader and mower deck from an older gentlemen. I really don't use the mower for my yard due to size and trees but when I did try it, it seemed to work well. This tractor has a hydrostatic transmission ahead of a 3 speed manual gearbox. It is operated with a pedal for forward and another for reverse. This is extremely handy. I have not seen a backhoe on one of these although I suppose there are some available. I use mine to run a 10" auger to fill bins with soybeans. It handles the auger very well.

My combination was not cheap but I have been very happy with it. I have both a small bucket and forks for the loader. The forks are very handy for moving items around the farm. It is not suitable for lifting full ProBoxes or totes but is very handy to move them when empty or smaller loads. I'm still trying to figure out a mirror system so I can see the tips of the forks while sitting in the seat.

Now that I got a camera for loading my truck maybe another for the forks?
I too have a 4720w/cab,a/c heater. I have a concrete filled ballast weigh for the 3 point for loader work. 84" loader bucket. I built a fixture to put a 2' receiver hitch on the 3 point. This little tractor is the handiest thing i own and I couldn't survive without it now. It does way more than it should, I have be careful to not to overdo it. I just love it. I'll never sell it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)