AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Magnum 315 weaving in autosteer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

CASE3594
Posted 5/25/2019 20:04 (#7520854 - in reply to #7520750)
Subject: RE: Magnum 315 weaving in autosteer

Tuscola, IL
Steering sensor is on LH steering knuckle. Autosense kit is about $1000.

To the OP, everything mentioned pretty well works together to get a smooth ride. There isn’t a ‘magic bullet’ so to speak.

I would start with swath acquisition. That’s in toolbox>nav-p in the standard menu. The sweet spot for me is 82-85. If that has no positive results, I’d set it back to 95-100 and try the D-gain. That is calibration>nav>scroll to bottom. Start moving that up and see if you notice any changes. If that doesn’t produce anything good, I’d set it back to where you started and move on to p-gain. Scroll back up from D-gain and you should see P-gain. Probably set to 18 from the factory. If not, put it there and give it a shot. If 18 isn’t any good, start reducing the number. Lowest I’ve ever had to go is 12 and that was only on one tractor. Usually don’t need to go below 15. If all that fails, I would do a dead zone cal. If still no results, I would watch the steering sensor closely and see if the voltage is changing smoothly and consistently. That can be done in the steering sensor calibration. I had one early on this year that would steer horribly. Ended up finding a bad spot in the steering sensor. It would go from 2.5 in the center to around 1 and 4.5 at the stops and the calibration was happy. However, when I watched it with the laptop, I could see that between 2.5 and 4.5 there was a spot it would drop to something like 0.8 and that’s when it went crazy.

If none of that works, a steer command system is a nice way to go!!!

Good luck.

Edited by CASE3594 5/25/2019 20:04
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)