AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sprayer boom width in auto track
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Glenn W.
Posted 5/26/2019 00:25 (#7521277 - in reply to #7521016)
Subject: RE: Sprayer boom width in auto track

Southeast Washington
KDD - 5/25/2019 07:14

Glenn said, "When hanging behind a tractor on a steep slope a 90 foot sprayer may only be 40 feet wide then.".........

Exaggerate much???

To be covering a path only 40' wide, a 90' boom would have to be dragging sideways more than 45 degrees, probably closer to 60 degrees, without doing the math.

I know Washington has some steep hills, but really???

Don't have a picture what it looked low at the bottom but here are the tracks. Wasn't planning on even dropping to the right but you can see where the upper left track was sliding. Then you can see both tracks sliding when the brakes were applied as it was just going faster down the hill and I didn't really like the looks of the ditch at the bottom. Then two tracks turn to one as the tractor is spun into a jack-knife position. That results in it trying to spin the sprayer as you see its tire track on the upper left side. At that time I think the sprayer was a lot less than 40 feet. At that time I think the left boom was spraying the right side and the right boom was spraying the left side. Luckily enough dirt was pushed up to stop the tractor short of the ditch. You can see the left tip of the sprayer at the left edge of the photo as I crossed the bottom to get out of there.

Another picture showing going through a muddy spot on a hill with the sprayer swinging down and pulling the tractor. Pretty close to the edge but you see no roundup kill over the bank so you know the sprayer wasn't even covering a 40 foot width.

Exaggerating??? No way. I was just giving the sprayer the benefit of doubt that it was spraying as wide of a swath as it was.

(IMG_20160304_141229412 (full).jpg)

(0415191935 (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_20160304_141229412 (full).jpg (146KB - 6 downloads)
Attachments 0415191935 (full).jpg (91KB - 5 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)