AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Does anybody use Net Irrigate.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

BartS
Posted 5/24/2019 20:24 (#7518925)
Subject: Does anybody use Net Irrigate.

Southern Colorado
I have two wire rat systems to start and stop a remote pump for two center pivots. This morning the pump wouldn't come on when I started the pivot. Normally I can get around this by using the app to start the pump, but this morning it kept kicking me out saying my login was incorrect. I called Net Irrigate and they were friendly and helpful as usual. They said they had changed software and something had changed in my configuration. I then mentioned that a month ago when I had this problem they said they had a new app coming out and one of the fixes dealt with the login issue. This led to a pregnant pause where they told me their cellular provider was phasing out the 2G network so Net Irrigate is transitioning to a satellite based system where you pay an annual subscription and they provide the hardware. For two systems it will cost $1,100/year. Previously you bought the system and service was included. The worst part is they are transitioning to the new system next month and they won't support the old system so I will be out of luck one month into the growing season. After talking to their competitor I learned that the 2G system is supposed to work until 2022.
I am currently looking into shanking control wires in underground or going to a radio controller. I hate to tear up my fields putting wire in and I am leary of spending any more money on a wireless system. I guess this post is part rant, part warning. I have not received any notice of the coming changing and probably wouldn't have know unless I had this problem today.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)