AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Am I missing something with 60” cut SS brush cutters?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

iseedit
Posted 5/24/2019 19:05 (#7518772 - in reply to #7518599)
Subject: RE: Am I missing something with 60” cut SS brush cutters?

central - east central Minnesota -

Dnewell - 5/24/2019 17:28 I’ve been looking into mowers for my bobcat 773g. I realize it’s a little underpowered, but can really benefit from a mower, mowing right of ways for the water district I work for. All has been mowed before, and I’ll just be maintaining them from here on out. I’ve been recommended a 60” cut mower due to my lack of power. But that seems like it would be very frustrating due to it won’t cover my tracks. Most companies other than a select few that I’ve found offer 60,72, and 78” cut. My questions are why don’t more companies make a 66” cut width? I may be wrong but 60” cut isn’t going to cover hardly any machines tracks right? But 66” would cover a bunch of midsized machines with the flow rate required. Next question is, will I be disappointed in a 72” cut? Going slower isn’t a problem, as I’ll be paid by the hour. So more money for me plus if I ever upgrade my loader I don’t want to have to buy a mower too. Am I missing something and just thinking wrong on the 60” cut mowers? I do plan on renting/demoing a mower before I make any purchases. Thanks in advance, I really enjoy all the advice on this forum. 

I have a 60 inch low flow and you are correct, it doesn't cover the tracks, in grass - in brush it doesn't matter. I'd suggest a 66 inch cut low flow for your machine in grass. You can always take 3/4 or half a cut and cut your one track anyway . . . . ..
Here's two companies to consider - https://www.brushwolf.com/product-category/brush-cutters/skid-steers/  -  http://www.erskineattachments.com/brush-mower

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)