AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Can a hydraulic cylinder be used as an accumulator
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

marktheblaster
Posted 5/24/2019 00:40 (#7516979 - in reply to #7516937)
Subject: RE: Can a hydraulic cylinder be used as an accumulator

I just wanted a yes /no question answered. I didn't anticipate the forum complexities.I have gotten some very good input though ,including how to reply to a post instead of posting a new post instead of the intended reply.Any way ,to answer a multitude of questions, the answer to "what do other systems use for example ?" are 1-some system of regulating weight on bit ( WOB) via computerized sensors (new, expensive ) models. 2- Something like a PFC pump (which I just heard about) 3- possible accumulator arrangement 4- good old constant monitoring of gauge watching.5-air motor to screw feed or chain drive,6-almost everything in between.The model core drill I purchased was probably made in the forties.Drawings I have seen depict it using hydraulic cylinders, no sizes or specs on anything.Hence going to the drawing board trying to re engineer from the feed up,so to speak.I think it was the of the gauge monitoring styleThe company has quit business so I can't find much about it. It is made hell for stout which is why it is still operable.I just need a feed system to perform to the description in previous posts/replies.I want to keep it as simple as possible, yet include some more modern hydraulics where applicable.Not too many used farm equipment boneyards around here.I might have a decent lead from other repliers.Thanks again for any ideas.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)