AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Why the MFP annoucement is negative corn
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Beers on ME
Posted 5/24/2019 09:36 (#7517599 - in reply to #7516634)
Subject: RE: Why the MFP annoucement is negative corn

" So those not upset that PP acres aren't included in the mfp payment lets look at that a couple different ways. First how about your neighbor a couple miles down the road that didn't get the same rain and maybe different soil was able to plant, you aren't. How do you feel about him getting a big check and you don't? His financial position maybe helped allowing them to compete that much more, maybe buy a farm you wanted, rent more acres etc. He rolls into the coffee shop this winter with a new pickup, meanwhile you are dreading seeing your banker. "

You say this is unfair because one farmer was able to plant and the other was not and didn't get payment, it is no different without the payment, the farmer that was able to raise crop is able to sell grain at higher price, the farmer that couldn't get crop in has no crop to sell no matter what prices are. Buddy the world is not fair and that is called life, you have to roll with the punches and do the best with the hand your dealt.

I also would rather not have seen this MFP payment, but I feel Trump wants to help the farmers because he knows this trade war has been harming us. The USDA also wants to have cheap food for the average citizen, and this is something they rolled out to give us more reason to get a crop put in instead of taking out PP.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)