AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Versatile DeltaTrack - the good, bad, and ugly.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

WTW
Posted 5/24/2019 19:26 (#7518818 - in reply to #7517617)
Subject: RE: Versatile DeltaTrack - the good, bad, and ugly.

Winkler, Manitoba Canada
Schuerman Farms - 5/24/2019 08:40

Chad H - 5/24/2019 07:27

Longevity, torque, etc. The ISX15 in trucks doesn't exactly have the rep for being the best engine on the road long term. Not sure how the QSX is going to be any different once it gets a few thousand hours on it. If you've ever ran a tractor with a C18 in if you should understand. Hard to beat the raw torque of that big cube engine.

I would think getting a C18 to talk to a transmission built by the same company that it was already mated to for a dozen years shouldn't be that hard.

Marrying up the transmission with the Tier 4 C18 in the MTS tractor took a great deal of time and effort. The transmission used in the MTS version is different than those used in the Versatile brand tractors and was never previously used with a Tier 3 C18.

One of the main drivers for the C18 in the MTS version is the tractors are sold and serviced across every bolt and part by CAT dealers.

I think you are overselling minor changes..

The TA22 has been around for awhile and clearly has been updated overtime to handle increasing horsepower and torque loads. The brochure that I have for the TA22-M4WD from 2005 lists the rated input power at 525 hp and 1313 lb-ft torque. Challenger, Versatile and MTS tractors all are now in the 630 to 650 hp range with a torque of around 2000 lb-ft. In fact the specs are so close, I wonder if the limiting factor is the transmission capability. Additionally, Challenger did indeed use the Tier 3 C18 with this transmission. MTS lists three changes for their version of the TA22, orificing, shift points and programming. Hardly a significant change. Versatile lists different versions of the transmission as well, depending on power.

Edited by WTW 5/24/2019 19:32
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)