AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Plastic or Sisal twine?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

jedeka
Posted 5/23/2019 19:04 (#7516269 - in reply to #7516216)
Subject: RE: Plastic or Sisal twine?

Boone, Iowa
I cannot comment on the Deere round baler, but I have a New Holland 269 square baler. I was having issues finder no good sisal twine, so I bought some plastic twine to try. Knock on wood, I have yet to have a knitter miss a tie. I have used two different brands of plastic twine and have had good results with both. The good thing about plastic twine is that it will not rot. The bad thing about plastic twine is that it will not rot. I have some custom farm ground that gets cattle and goat manure spread onto the ground in the fall. Each spring, I have to cut off net wrap off the field cultivator sweeps, after going over those fields. I did have the neighbor bale up some small round bales for me. He uses sisal twine and by the time I go to feed them, the sisal twine has rotted apart on the bottom. This can cause the bales to fall apart before I can get them into the feeder. I get most of my big round bales done with net wrap and try to get it all cut off before feeding bales or bedding the barn with stalk bales. Once in a while, I miss a few pieces and they fine their way to the beaters on the manure spreader.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)