AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

It did not have the effect that Longshanks planned............
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

white shadow
Posted 5/23/2019 18:20 (#7516196)
Subject: It did not have the effect that Longshanks planned............

East Central South Dakota
1. The people I have talked to have seen right through this blatant attempt at market manipulation. Most seem more intent on PP corn now then before----especially since that payment is not crop specific---just go beans. You can hear corn leaving the station because of the agronomic risk in planting.

2. The forces in power know how critically devastating this wet cycle could play out, hence the biggest attempt at a market distortion ( late in the game ) probably in my career.

3. Are all the ending stocks really there if they attempt a panic move like this ?

4. The market will take away the MFP payment in a couple of days off the price of the cash price on the bushels we raise so why risk it if the agronomics aren't suitable... We gained nothing, just took money out of one pocket and into another---maybe less

5. Market analysts keep talking as if the decision to plant is ours to make. For my State Mother Nature has made that decision for us. I couldn't plant more corn right now if the price went to 5 bucks.

6. The best comment on here from another poster ( forgot who---you know who you are ) made an excellent point, that to me----drove home the desperation of this move to bypass the market signals to us producers on what to plant and is using Government disruption instead of market signals to influence planting The comment basically pointed out this is totally all about trying to influence us to plant and has absolutely nothing to do about tariffs disrupting our markets-----because if it was about tariffs disrupting our markets, PP would qualify because our spring price was negatively affected by the tariffs and this spring price determined our insurance liability/acre. If this was about the Tariff market disruption PP acres would quality.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)