AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone identify this code?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

jakescia
Posted 5/23/2019 14:24 (#7515825)
Subject: Anyone identify this code?

Oskaloosa, Iowa 52577

We have two New Holland T8040's, one is 2008 and one is 2009.  Seem to be identical tractors.

Both have suspended front axles.

We bot the 2008 a year ago, and the 2009 just recently.

When the 2009 arrived...….we noticed that the front end was higher than the 2008.

Inspection determined that the suspended front axle on the 2008 was stuck "down"...……..and the 2009 front axle was stuck "up".  Neither were flexing.

New Holland mechanic finally came down to look at the situation...…...and said that the code being thrown was "141" on both...…....that he had never seen that before, and did not know what to do.  He went back to the dealership to ponder the problem.

I would not be concerned about it, except the 2008 in "down" is carrying 1000lbs of added weight, and the 2009 in the "up" position is carrying 2000lbs.

I am guessing that the "up" position is a problem...…..since it would appear the accumulator would be bearing the full force of the weight, and would not be allowed to "flex", as I assume the suspended front axle is supposed to do.

The "down" position is probably......probably...…..not a big problem, since it is likely against the stops.

(We are pulling 1000lbs of weight from the 2009 anyway, merely because we do not need that much weight on that tractor for what it will be doing.)

Questions.....

1.  What is the code 141?

2.  Is it likely that any damage has been done to the suspension system, since I would bet large money that the problems on each have been there a long time?

3.  What is the likely fix?  Accumulators?  About what do they cost?

Thanks.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)