AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Eligible planting can't exceed 2018
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

4FHfarmer
Posted 5/23/2019 12:33 (#7515509 - in reply to #7515460)
Subject: RE: Eligible planting can't exceed 2018

southern minnesota
I was wondering the same thing. They don't really specific on that in the press release.

Producers of alfalfa hay, barley, canola, corn, crambe, dry peas, extra-long staple cotton, flaxseed, lentils, long grain and medium grain rice, mustard seed, dried beans, oats, peanuts, rapeseed, safflower, sesame seed, small and large chickpeas, sorghum, soybeans, sunflower seed, temperate japonica rice, upland cotton, and wheat will receive a payment based on a single county rate multiplied by a farm’s total plantings to those crops in aggregate in 2019. Those per acre payments are not dependent on which of those crops are planted in 2019, and therefore will not distort planting decisions. Moreover, total payment-eligible plantings cannot exceed total 2018 plantings.

Went from 900 to 1000 acres this year...….300 planted so far...….prevented planting was looking like a decent option on corn.....not so much with this payment structure.

If it's per individual looks like I got 600 acres to mud in to get to 900 and max my payment. Glad the payments won't affect planting decisions! SMH. What a bunch of crap.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)