AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

bought a 955 cyclo planter and would like tips and advice
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

levisthered
Posted 5/22/2019 23:54 (#7514405)
Subject: bought a 955 cyclo planter and would like tips and advice

well I decided to not spend what it would take to update my 7000 plate planter to finger pickup and adjustable closing wheels with some sort of better closing wheel. last time i put a shopping cart together I stopped when it got to $6500 i think that would have covered most everything but there was probably anther thousand bucks hiding in there somewhere. I found a really nice CIH 955 and had been told by a couple friends that run them and our agronomist that the opener is excellent. currently plant milo beans and corn, I am thinking about trying cotton next year. I didn't much like the 7000 for depth control especially when trying to go shallow. it was probably worn out, probably where that extra grand was hiding. So I guess I would like to know what you guys think of them and tell me what you think i need to know about it. I pulled the trigger on this machine because it is one of the better used planters that age that i have ever seen if not the best. i probably havent seen as many as some but probably seen more than a few others.
thanks guys have a great day
Levi
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)