AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

a little help for a 1770NT
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Buehler
Posted 5/22/2019 20:29 (#7513911 - in reply to #7513533)
Subject: RE: a little help for a 1770NT

Scott City KS
farmerbk - 5/22/2019 16:53

Couple of small hiccups with my planter, looking for some help in solving (first season with this, moved up from 7200).

1. Getting mud/dirt buildup around frame wheels. Obviously sub optimal planting this year, part of the problem is not enough separation between field cultivator/soil finisher and planter, so not all dry on top. Any little bit sticking to the wheels builds up, and add the occasional wet spot, and you have a big mess. Have not found a planter to look at that has mud scrapers installed; and old threads suggest waiting to plant (may be best, but not an option currently)

Anyone know how to divert the soil to keep it from building up?

2. Problem with weeds wrapping on the trash whippers. Have not had this problem in previous years, and admittedly weeds bigger and more viney than normal. Wraps on the bolt extensions and is time consuming to clean up. I see on new 1775's a plastic cover on the inside edge of the trash whipping hub that may help prevent wrapping as it covers front 1/2 to 2/3 of the inner hub. Can these be put on the older planters?

I'd just take the trash whippers off and run naked.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)