AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Planting Discrepancies: FBN & USDA
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Chief Illiniwek
Posted 5/23/2019 04:34 (#7514446 - in reply to #7514081)
Subject: RE: Planting Discrepancies: FBN & USDA

West central IL
You really think the big funds don't have an extremely accurate idea of how many acres are planted? Do you think they are relying on the USDA numbers when they are trading with hundreds of millions of dollars? I assure you they do not. Whether it's satellite info, aerial photography, or perhaps even our own monitors in our cabs, the funds know how many acres are planted. Do you seriously think it's good that we as farmers are totally in the dark regarding planted acreage? We sit around waiting for the once a week usda report and then make huge decisions on our farm revenue based on that outdated and archaic method of measurement.

We are playing against a stacked deck. Yes I'm 100% serious that I wish someone like climate, John Deere, precision, etc would release their estimates of planted acreage by county, nationwide, on a volunteer and anonymous basis. I would absolutely sign up. It would sure give me a better idea of how to market my grain than basing it off the few dozen guys who post on agtalk talking about how much their area has planted, or trusting the usda to hopefully shoot me an accurate number once a week!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)