AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Planting Discrepancies: FBN & USDA
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

WeaveFarmer
Posted 5/22/2019 19:02 (#7513664 - in reply to #7513398)
Subject: RE: Planting Discrepancies: FBN & USDA

Boone Co. Iowa
The FBN results that I have seen reflect us getting in the field a few weeks ago. I would say it is pretty accurate.

Someone else mentioned and I would agree that the results would tend to be a little higher just because the average FBN member is 100% engaged in farming, more than likely. There are a number of acres that are farmed by evening and weekend guys that might be less likely to be an FBN subscriber. An evening/weekend guy is more likely to be a low-cost producer and less likely to spend the $ on FBN. Also, less likely to have large planter, variable rate planting, etc. (I am not an FBN member btw.)

USDA gets traded, and I think it will regularly be 4-8% lower than FBN.

There are bean stubble fields that don't have anhydrous on here, and corn stubble that hasn't been worked (and I'd say 90% typically is). Not a lot, but some. Farmers from out of the area that are renting, or evening/weekend guys, or livestock guys, etc.

Most of the guys who have big equipment and lots of $ tied up in machinery, rent, etc. are done and their corn has been up for 5-10-15 days.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)