AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Camera Power
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/23/2019 12:19 (#7515463 - in reply to #7512412)
Subject: Thanks to fellow AgTalker

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
This morning while loading corn I received a couple of emails with nice pictures of how a fellow AgTalker had mounted his camera to allow him to view his truck while loading out. He suggested mounting the camera on a box that stuck to the side of the bin rather than mounting it on the auger itself. He also had detailed pictures of how he used an electrical enclosure like I've purchased at Home Depot for other projects. He also had a clever idea of how to mount the camera on the box but allow it to be adjusted. The power supply adapter to convert from 110VAC to 12VDC fits nicely in the weatherproof box. I believe I will copy his ideas and abandon some of my own.

I think I may need to mount mine higher on the bin that I can reach from the ground I'm thinking of attaching some type of pipe handle from maybe an old mop so that I can stick my box on the side of the bin without getting a ladder. I am attaching one of his pictures. I hope he doesn't mind.

The ironic thing about getting the emails and pictures today is that I was viewing them while filling my truck. I wasn't paying attention and ran corn on the ground - the very thing I am trying to prevent with the camera! Fortunately this was at my great nephew's place where they have lots of cattle so the corn can be picked up and put in the cattle feeder.

Edited by tedbear 5/23/2019 12:26

(100_4210 (full).JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 100_4210 (full).JPG (153KB - 3 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)