AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

unleaded vs gasohol in small engines. which fuel treatment
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

pat-michigan
Posted 5/22/2019 09:44 (#7512580 - in reply to #7511412)
Subject: RE: unleaded vs gasohol in small engines. which fuel treatment

Thumb of Michigan
trapperjon - 5/21/2019 21:30

so we have a whole bunch of small gas engines ranging from lawn mowers to weed eaters to chemical transfer pumps. was told to use a additive if gasohol is used. its a pain to keep 2 tanks so is there any favorite fuel treatments that you like in small engines with gasohol running in them???? tia

I treat my gas engines- big, little, 2 stroke and 4- the same way now as I did pre- ethanol.

Either store them with Sta-Bil or Sea Foam. I think either are OK, no preference I guess.

Not sure why, but my memories of the supposed "better" gasoline available before ethanol aren't the same as others. We really started having issues, if we had any, when lead was taken out of the gas. Ethanol didn't come along for quite a few years after that. But rebuilding carbs and pumps is certainly nothing new, did that way before ethanol ever came along.

I firmly believe, as do others, that oil companies are simply now able to take low quality gas and make grade by adding ethanol to make minimum octane levels. They're putting lipstick on a pig and blaming any bad outcomes on ethanol. And lots of people buy into that myth.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)