AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

unleaded vs gasohol in small engines. which fuel treatment
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

MN Dean
Posted 5/22/2019 07:50 (#7512293 - in reply to #7512207)
Subject: RE: unleaded vs gasohol in small engines. which fuel treatment

I hate to repeat this again BUT.. When I was I was in diesel tech in 1980 we were rebuilding Roosa Master diesel pumps like crazy. The rubber in them was disintegrating. Everything from 10 and 20 year old tractors to GM diesel cars just out of warrantee. Same time as ethanol started around here and was blamed for the same issues in gas powered engines. The new kits came with clear plastic weight ring retainers. Originals were rubber. Turns out there is components in crude oil that were used in industrial processes such as news paper ink that were now considered hazardous. The oil companies need to get rid of them so they blend it back in the fuel and gas we burn to get rid of it. My neighbor has jars full of clear ethanol with rubber brass and aluminum parts submersed since 1980 that don't show any signs of degradation. That being said I have a water pump sitting near the open side of a shed. As long as I keep a basket over it when it rains I have no problems with it but if the basket blows off like last night I will need to drain all the gas out. Because when rain hits the tank it cools down causing water to get sucked into the tank.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)