AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

just learning and what ever happened-------
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

toold
Posted 5/21/2019 16:25 (#7510735)
Subject: just learning and what ever happened-------

I'm to old and to tired of hearing how wonderful some people are at marketing, farming and can do anything and everything better than everybody else.
Can some one tell me what industry is effected by the government more than production ag? It starts at how we treat the soil, what to spray, when to spray, water runoff, the smell of fertilizer put on fields (manure or nh3) . Add in the dust from harvesting, truck regulations, and the list goes on and on. Then add the marketing,
we have more reports during the year telling the world how much we are producing , be it corn, soybeans, to mangos. Most of us believe that the reports are not accurate more times then they are , but we have to "trade the numbers". The farmers have NEVER over produced! We and the whole ag production industry have done our job, we are the supply side. Now, if there to much left over, it is the demand side that should take the blame. And in our business , the government has made it their business to control the demand side. Cheap food policy and more. I'm tired, need to sign off and check the bank account to see if trump money, I mean demand side money is there yet.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)