AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

TRUMP Administration What about the Damage done to ETHANOL?!?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

JonSCKs
Posted 5/21/2019 15:24 (#7510617 - in reply to #7510532)
Subject: I agree.

I hate to even go here, could be construed as Political, but Trump did not have the political machinery to place all the cabinet appointments. Trump lacked experience, people, staff and just about every thing needed to assume the Presidency. He had to rely on the Republican Party establishment and Pruitt was an establishment guy that didn't do ethanol any favors, but helped Agriculture on some regulatory issues. As Trump replaces all these Republican establishment people with has own people we will see. I agree with you---cautious optimism.

There are good things and ARGH things with Trump.. some are his doing.. others his administration as you note..  Lighthizer.. was a Bob Dole aid at one point.. and has first hand knowledge of how China plays with trade as a Legal Eagle in that department..  He's probably the best person for the job which he now holds.

.. as rough as it has been for Ag.. it "probably" is the right thing to do for the Country.

If we could just get a little Common Sense.. and Ag Sec Sonny seems to be trying.. I like the guy.. but Obama's Ag Sec.. was top notch as far as ethanol.. as an Iowa Governor would be..  so I guess I'm spoiled.

but it's not just crying over spilt milk.. in today's margin environment.. and knowing that the Richest companies on the planet in the Oil Industry are Gunning for us..

.. we do not have the Luxury to be passive on ANY of these issues.

We've already been through one major restructuring.. and are que'd up for another..   A little help here.. all I'm asking for.. SRE's for ethanol if you will.. what makes petroleum refining so much more "in" than us???

just my $0.02

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)