AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

131 million acres left to plant.. 4+ weeks to go at last week's pace..
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Swartzfarms
Posted 5/20/2019 20:58 (#7508911 - in reply to #7508614)
Subject: RE: Trade Aid must be based on Historical's.. forget Beans.. We NEED Feed Grains.. 13 byn Corn crop?

North East IL
I am in one of the areas in north Eastern illinois that's way behind. I've planted 150 acres of corn, no beans out of 3100 total. A lot of guys in the same boat, some haven't started, some mudded.some in in April and they look like geniuses now, even with ponds missing. It's too wet to even work around the ponds. There has been progress made to our south and other pockets that missed a shower.

PP just isn't a good option. Basis is decent here, and good compared to the rest,. I for see we will plant late into June. I think what some miss when talking PP acres is that here, chems and nitrogen are on, most did that in April. It won't be PP on most however yields will be down just for the fact we may not plant ponds till who knows when.

There will be little switching here. Price says plant corn.

I explained to my wife about carry out, and she told me it really didn't make much sense that even though the 2.5 bill bushel carryout seemed like a lot, in terms of usage and we didn't produce any that's only 2-3 months of crop.

Thanks for all your insight Jon
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)