AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Opening call after planting numbers released
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

IN555
Posted 5/20/2019 20:18 (#7508795 - in reply to #7508758)
Subject: RE: Opening call after planting numbers released

NW Indiana
I totally get what you are saying but the government stepping in would be a limit down type move. How well is that going to go over? Changing the rules during the middle of the game is extreme. I always promote the idea of the end users making money, honestly I hope they make a killing when they can. I say I only need one day a year of high prices, they can have the rest. But a solution at this point? I think the market is the solution not the government. The market is capable of getting a bunch more supply, I'll start seeding by hand if they pay me enough. I anticipate the market to do its job into early june and get a lot more acres planted. Give guys the chance to sell some high prices and they will roll the planters long beyond the day the price was high. I've been saying for weeks I'll take PP june 5th, give me $5 corn and I will keep planting until mid June. Give me $6 I'll go until July. The market does an amazing job and if left not manipulated it will figure it out. MFP is manipulation and very dangerous for ag.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)