AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Someone needs to say it.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

JonSCKs
Posted 5/20/2019 18:31 (#7508536 - in reply to #7508496)
Subject: We got Pounded and We NEED Feed Grains not Soybeans

We got hammered today.. and the weather forecast is for Rain 7 out of the next 8 days.

I've got 2 weeks of planting yet to do AFTER about a Week of drying.. so 3 weeks + from the end of it.

I shudder to think of the livestock feeders and ethanol plants.

Yal.. part of the problem as you or someone noted.. farmers are not selling much because..

a) We need higher prices to cashflow
b) We don't have the crops in the ground yet
c) Some of the Grain is out of position..

Our Coop still has corn piles out.. and no way they can get to them until it stops raining.

We need to flex.. continue.. to plant feed grains vs Soybeans.. as supposedly we still got "alot" of beans left in the bins from last year.  It would be IDIOTIC policy to pay trade aid like the last go around MFP payments were structured.. which Favored Soybeans.. after they were planted.. and were basically an insult to the corn guys.. $.01.. why bother?

It's not fair to those who can't get much in due to the rains and flooding.. What about the guys who are still trying to dig out along the Missouri from earlier flooding this spring.. etc..

We need to FOCUS on Feed Grains.. Sorghum.. Corn.. etc. to..

Sustain the demand base here locally.. such as feeders and ethanol plants.

.. and yes there should be Trade Aid paid to the ethanol producers whom were harmed by the tariffs.  China was one of ethanol's biggest customers in both ethanol and DDGs.  (not to mention the war from the Big Oil interests.. and the SRE's..)

just my $0.02

Edited by JonSCKs 5/20/2019 18:34
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)