AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How to removed unwanted fields from AgFiniti - solved!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/19/2019 07:33 (#7504667 - in reply to #7504250)
Subject: RE: How to removed unwanted fields from AgFiniti - not quite for me

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.

I read your post with interest since I too was having difficulty of "getting rid of unwanted fields completely" with no future reference to them. I'm glad that you found your answer although you think there would have been a better way than the three step process.

My situation is different in that I am not using the web based version since I do not have a license. I'm only using the iPad to receive data from the InCommands. Since I am using the mobile app, I tried the 3 step approach as described.

1) Go to data management. Then scroll to the item in question. Select the item individually or a larger group. Then touch the clear map icon on top of the screen. At this point in time, the map(s) are discarded and the item on the screen becomes grayed out AND a reprocess icon appears beside the item. This would release some memory that the map was using. The data that the map was created from is still present and using some memory. Pushing the reprocess icon causes the system to recreate the map

2)Select the grayed out item. Touch the trash can icon. A message will appear saying this will permanently delete the data from the app. Once deleted it cannot be undone unless it still exists in your display or the Agfiniti cloud. This seems to work as expected. At this point the item is still shown in gray but says no data available. Seems like I was getting close.

3) I can not find an item for delete unused fields in the mobile app such as is shown with step 3 of the screen shot in your post. Maybe the mobile app does not have that option. For me on the mobile app those offending fields are still listed. If I choose them on the main screen I just get the background map and no map or data. I guess I have freed up some memory which wasn't really a concern since my iPad Prod has max memory.

I assume you have now done this 3 step process on the web based app and it was eventually successful. At what point was the App on the iPad updated to reflect this "cleaned up" result?

Here's another little quirk that I've found. Some of my fields have boundaries, some do not. Having boundaries on all fields would help some situations.

For the majority of our farms, I have a field name for each field. By field I am thinking of the same crop. In some situations I have an entire farm as a field which is sometimes planted to two crops . It would be better if all my farms were split into fields where each field is a single crop. This wasn't a problem when processing the data with SMS but seems to be with Agfiniti.

For example: My nephew has a recently acquired farm which we call Stenzel since that was the name of the former owners. Typically this farm has two different crops planted on it. Such was the case this year. We planted one half to corn and the data was transferred to Agfiniti. We finished the corn and I took the iPad into my office and printed out the maps for the corn planting. We then switched to planting soybeans. We returned to the Stenzel place and planted soybeans on the other half, this data was transferred to the iPad as expected. The problem seems to be that because the field name had been reused the soybean data over wrote the corn data im some respects. When I bring up the field, the map shows the varieties for soybeans. If I touch an area in the corn field, it reports the corn variety of where I touch but does not create a map of the corn like it did before I planted the soybeans in that field. I thought that last year I was able to see both crops planted in the same field.

It appears that things will just be better if I split those farms that are generally two different crops into two different fields and reference each field individually.

Had I setup the farm with fields named Stenzel East and Stenzel West I would not have had the problem There was actually another complication that was my fault. When I went to plant the last field of soybeans I chose a previously planted field because each field uses the word South in its name. After having all kinds of confusion with my AB lines, I discovered that the problem was that I had chosen the wrong field. So after doing a headland pass I switched to the proper field and then the AB lines from the past made better sense. What happened was that by choosing a previously planted field, the new data over wrote the data that had been there so the result in the map of that field on the iPad now shows the headland pass made on the other field and not the data from the correct field.

It is still correct on the InCommand so I should be able to use SMS to make that variety map.

Edited by tedbear 5/19/2019 09:40
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)