AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Problems with 20/20 seed sense, looking for suggestions?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Jim1_ks
Posted 5/22/2019 16:34 (#7513411 - in reply to #7509742)
Subject: RE: Problems with 20/20 seed sense, looking for suggestions?

South Central Kansas, Harper County
johndeere76 - 5/21/2019 08:40

To make this simpler, what have you not swapped out of this setup? Have you tried a different display? The poster above talked about the memory card going bad and the only way to test that would be to send the display off or to try a different on on your current setup. A gen 2 display would work for testing if your dealer doesn’t have another gen 1.

If you’ve tried every harness and a gen 2 smart connector without the power booster, then either it’s a software issue or the monitor itself.

Gen 2 smart connectors do not need the booster since they output 10v to the sensors instead of the standard 8v that Dickey John sensors use. This is because wave visions use more amps and by increasing the voltage, they can pull the same amps on the same gauge wire.

Since you talked to tech support, I’m guessing that your software version was the last built for gen 1 displays?

Again, good luck.

I have not swapped out anything, I do have the long ext cable on order and also the power supply for the wave vision. I am confident that they are not the problem, and only ordered them with the knowledge I could return them, and before I had done much troubleshooting. Ive checked continuity on all the cables I think are involved, from the 20/20 display, to the smart connector, the power supply and the air force module. I could detect nothing wrong with the cables. I was going to disconnect the air force module, take it completely out of the equation, and go plant, and see if my population returned. But after 5+ inches of rain, that has not occurred. I do not have another display to try, but have my doubts that could be the problem. My nearest dealer is 3 hrs away, so its not like I could just run to his place to borrow a display and give it a try.

software version has been updated a year ago to the last one available for the gen 1 displays.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)