AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What is this cable?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/17/2019 07:12 (#7501171 - in reply to #7500265)
Subject: RE: What is this cable?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
redbird18 - 5/16/2019 16:39

Looks like the cable that would plug in the steer command module possibly or ECU

It does look like mine but mine has a sticker right on the plug which apparently has been lost on this one. My guess is the tractor may have had SteerCommand and the ECU was removed but the wiring was left in the tractor because it would require some work to remove it properly. If this is what happened the OP would need to get an ECU to work with his Compass.

If this connector is not going to be used I would make some type of protective cap for it.

I bought a used truck that had been a Walmart semi-tractor. After I had it a while, the gauges started acting wacky. Every gauge went to the "bad" side. Fuel low, oil pressure low, temperature high etc. After much searching my truck mechanic found the problem. Wal-Mart had one of those GPS tracker systems in the truck when they owned it. When they sold the truck to a jockey the GPS unit was removed but they just cut the wiring harness that tied into the dash. They didn't bother to try to seal it or anything so things worked fine until corrosion set in and shorted some of the clipped wires together. The mechanic tore the dash apart and disconnected the add on harness and plugged things back together as original which solved the problem.

Edited by tedbear 5/17/2019 07:22
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)